Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Month 3: 40-Day Mantra Completion

Well, it took me a total of 69 days, but I finally completed my 40-day sanskrit mantra for wealth and abundance. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had started the 40 day mantra of chanting the following sanskrit: "Om Gum Shrim Maha Lakshmieyei Swaha" 108 times a day for 40 days. The rule is that you have to do it 40 days straight, which is why I had to start over because I forgot on day 29 the first time. There is obviously significance to the 108 number in that it is considered a magical or spiritual number in Hinduism and you really have to chant out loud because of the vibrations from your voice that go into the universe.

The purpose of doing this was for wealth and abundance, to help remove blocks or barriers to abundance. Of course, you can look at things as a coincidence, but I choose to look at it the other way. So, in no particular order, here are the things that happened when I started doing the full 40-day mantra:
1. After being told that my three sports blogs were shutting down two days after I forgot to say the mantra on day 29, I have started new contracts with two different blog companies and have picked back up all three sports blogs;
2. We learned that we were to receive two inheritances - both of which added up to nearly $25,000 and helped eliminate nearly all of our debt (not including our house)
3. I received a check I had been waiting for for quite some time;
4. I was approached by a company looking to pay freelance journalists to go to concerts and sporting events and write about them;
5. I won a $100 eBay gift card as part of a contest

Pretty incredible. And, I had the mantra on a CD so I just listened to it and chanted on my way to work. In fact, four days after the mantra was complete and I'm still continuing on. It's just too cool to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment