Sunday, May 1, 2011

Month 8 - "All is Well"

For the month of March, Jen and I thought it would be neat to spend the month being inspired by other people's stories. A month or two prior, we both bought a book called "All is Well", which includes 29 stories of different people, all connected to the Center for Spiritual Living in San Jose, who have overcome different life obstacles.

We thought it would be inspiring to hear of other's challenges. And, with 29 stories, we figured, "perfect - we'll read one story a night." We did and while I can't speak for Jen I can say that the idea was good.

The stories themselves, for whatever reason, did not really resonate with me. People overcoming the death of their loved ones, overcoming eating disorders, falling in love with their soul mates (while being married to someone else), bankrupt, etc. Many of the stories were powerful and I was more struck by the notion that everybody has gone through different life challenges, no matter who you are. Everyone has a story - most people don't take the time to listen to what they are.

That was my lesson in month 8. It was not the stories themselves but the ideas of the stories that resonated with me. It also confirmed that for me and my life, all is truly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment