Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Russell Challenge is Making a Comeback - With a Twist

After almost a full year hiatus, I am bringing back the Russell Challenge. Two and a half years, roughly 30 challenges completed since I initially came up with the concept. It began as an idea seeded by the notion of "I can do almost anything if it's just for 30 days." So, gave up coffee for a month, swearing, and sweets. I added daily meditations and 5 servings of fruits and vegetables.

Then, I turned it up a notch and had Jen participate with me. We went vegetarian for a month, found out how people perceived us, went a month without tv and I taught myself how to play the ukulele. A full recap of a year of our challenges can be found by clicking here.

Then we set out to do a year of health-related challenges. We half-heartedly did the first couple of months but to be honest, it felt a bit forced and to me, the whole concept did not feel authentic and fun like it once did. So we let it lie. The blog collected cobwebs because mostly I didn't have anything to say.

But, after wanting to resurrect the challenge and after an inspiring conversation with my friend Julie, I've got a new concept related to the challenge. Here it is: As much as I have enjoyed my personal challenges, I am ready to take it up a notch.

I am inviting you to share with me your own personal challenges. Something you have been wanting to give up, something you have always wanted to do or learn, a physical challenge, whatever. Something that can be accomplished in 30 days. Send your ideas and each month, I will pick one of them and I will take on that challenge with you.

You will have to agree to do some guest blogging. I will do both online blogging and video blogging.

Send your ideas and challenges in the comment section below or to my email address: joshuarussell25@gmail.com. I am ready. Kicking this off January 1, 2013. Bring it!
- Josh Russell

2 comments: